1. Quality always trumps quantity. I can get lazy! And I will at times just get into the mindset of "just get my workout in", but I can't hide from the fact that our body responds to intensity and not volume.
2. Genetics is the main determining factor in how you'll compete against other people but effort is the main determining factor for how you compete against yourself.
3. You can't outrun a poor diet. You can have super high discipline when it comes to getting in your workouts but If you can't discipline your diet, you'll always be working from behind trying to catch up.
4. After training I always feel better.
5. There is a method to the madness. Follow good teaching.